07 November, 2008

Christmas Tree Tags!

Aria and I woke up early this morning with our little ones and got permits to let us cut down our own Christmas trees! Hot dog! I was grinning like a buffoon, I was so excited! They started going for sale at 8am (when we pulled up) but I guess people had been lining up since 5 or 6am to ensure a tree. We joined one of the longest lines I have ever seen. All kinds of friendly Utah hicks came from all around to get ready for the holiday season. People even had portable heaters to keep them warm while they waited. Being the wowy mother that I am, Mason only had a hoodie on. Fortunately, the people behind us were so nice and insisted on us going ahead to the lodge's warm waiting room, and they would hold our place in line. That way, we would just hop back into line when they eventually made it inside. We were a little worried that we would lose our spot by not seeing them in time but they said, "When you see the guy in the hunting camo, you'll know to get ready for us." We had a good laugh because nearly EVERYONE was dressed in hunting clothes! We had a great time sitting in the lodge, thanks to them. The whole morning was a blast!

Us, at the end of the line.

Mason, slightly bundled up.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you guys didn't have to stand out in the cold- good to see the spirit of Christmas is already in the air :D