Our little jaybird, Mason.
Recently Mason's diapers have taken on a whole new level of stink. So much so that he proudly proclaims, "Man Poops!" every time I change him. For this reason, and because it really needs to be done, we have jumped back on the potty training band wagon. This time I am not not NOT backing down! I figure I can take a couple weeks of misery if that is what needs be.
All day long I was praying like the dickens for things to go well and THEY DID!!!!! I am sure there will be ups and downs, but today was a million times better than our last attempt. Last time I offered him skittles and other candy for going to the bathroom. This time I just bribed him with things he already normally gets. For example: "You want lunch? Okay, go pee pee!" or, "You want me to put your shoes on? Only if you go to the bathroom first!" Surprisingly enough, it worked a LOT better than when I was showering him with goodies.....which made me wonder, exactly how low are my sons expectations of me?... The real ticket was when I told him that big boys can pee on the potty OR outside in a bush (am I too gross? Like I said, I'm really desperate for this time to work). Suddenly the great outdoors took on a whole new level of amazing for our little chap!
Needless to say, Mommy and our chickens are very impressed with Mason's skills. Let's hope the rest of the week continues to go well....

3 comments:
Hahaha...it sounds like Mason takes after his uncle, Alex...(and maybe a few other aunts, uncles and mommy, too). :) Nothing's wrong with watering/fertilizing the lawn.
How funny!!! Good luck with the potty training- we just started again, and I'm hoping it works this time too :)
That is hilarious! I'm glad things are going better this time around. Good luck!
Post a Comment