19 November, 2013

A post of warm fuzzies

 Huckle

Have I mentioned on here how much I love Huckle? No? Well, that is probably because up until Halloween weekend, I did not actually like this brute all that much. He was so much work and I was so tired! It was like having a fourth child but one that I actually didn't like. However, the first day of November, James finished fencing our yard and it has made all the difference in the world! Now, if I ever need a break, I just send him out to chase squirrels and we are both happy! Who knew that having a fenced yard would make pet ownership so enjoyable?! 

And how about this goon-bean?
Coobie, wearing my old Pat wig from my Halloween costume in my college days.

 Even though he still wakes me up every night at least once, I just can't get enough of him! (Except during the said middle-of-the-night wake up calls.) How is my baby almost THREE?!! And how does he have such great style?! He must get it from James.
I really wasn't joking that he wears this fancy combo every day. He takes it off to get it washed and then puts it right back on. 

And how about Charpy? A couple months ago we made a pact that we would both try our best to be cheerful and it has really made a difference. Now any time one of us is not keeping up our end of the bargain, the other kindly gives a reminder to get the other one back on track. As you can imagine, we both really like getting put in our place. However, most of the time (when he is the offender) Charlie responds with, "Oh. I'm sorry. I forgot" and then turns off the grumps then and there! I love four-year-old Char!
Charlie asked me to take a picture of him in this super funny pose. 

And Mason. How could I not love a six-year-old boy who still wants to snuggle with me at every chance he gets?
 Yep. He had to take a break from pretending to be a raccoon to snuggle with his "B."  Is isn't allowed to have it during the day but he sneaks it out every now and again to see if we have any follow-through. 

And while I'm at it, why not mention my honeybun? Tomorrow is his last test before Thanksgiving break! I don't have any expectation of seeing him much more during the during his week off, but at least he won't have to pull any all-nighters during it! I couldn't have asked for a better man for me.
 James and Mason, sitting in the fort they made in our back yard a week or so ago.
I'm one lucky gal!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

This post made me grin ear to ear! I love you Malinda, and I love your family (even the ones I've never met) :)