13 January, 2009

A new pooch!

Let it be known that we Siegs are a spontaneous folk. Around 3pm James casually mentioned that it would be fun to visit the pound. At about 5pm we drove home with a new dog! We have been wanting one for a while, but James couldn't decide on a breed and nothing had caught our eyes. However, the last dog we saw at the pound had the friendliest wag in his tail and the most cheerful little smile on his face. Something about him reminded us of Howie and we were instantly fans. He is a Schnauzer/lab mix (James says that means he has half a brain) and is smaller than Layton was. He seemed to be really good with Mason, so we figured he would fit right into the Sieg family. So far, we are leaning towards the name, Harold, but we would love some suggestions!
Fast friends.
Can't you see why we couldn't leave him?

Getting the nasty pound smell off of him.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Aria said...

Oh, he's so cute! I can tell he has a fun personality already. I can't wait to meet him!

And I love the name Harold. Would you call him Harry?

Anonymous said...

aww, so sweet! and how fun for mason as well. i bet he's thrilled to have a furry friend in the home again!

Jessica said...

he is adorable!

Kiersten said...

He is cute! Hey, did you hear about the Chappell's thing on the 24th? I tried emailing you about it, but I don't know if I got the email address correct. They're just doing a potluck at their house at 6 on the 24th. You need to come!!!

Jordan said...

Congrats!!! He is super cute!

Conni said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! He's super cute and sounds wonderful. Gotta love him being potty trained and not barking. :)