On the last day of our California stay, my whole family paid the Santa Barbara Zoo a little visit. We had a fun time, even though half the place was under construction and nearly all the animals were in hiding. What I didn't understand was why they had such crappy rides? We thought it would be fun to treat Mason and his cute cousin, Isaac, to a little coin safari jungle ride. Isaac happily plopped in the two quarters, the ride jolted to a start and the music started playing. Out of the blue, a weird-o robot voice came on and repeated, "There seems to be no sign of intelligence...." for the rest of the ride. What in the world?!! I just paid 50 cents for a rather long insult?! As if the world won't tell them that enough already. It was the strangest thing. Don't worry, I still let my little fella ride it for the whole time and let the mean insult sear into his little unsuspecting mind. What a great mommy I am.
Mason and Isaac, looking thrilled. I don't know why I always expect wild clapping and massive grins when I put Mason on these dinky things. One of these days maybe I'll stop living through him. Or maybe he'll realize that there really IS nothing better than a grimy hunk of plastic jolting back and forth. Only time will tell.

No comments:
Post a Comment