16 April, 2009

April Siegbits


Things have been moving along swimmingly in the Sieg household. Here are a couple updates:

  • 2 of our 3 little chickies went to live at a farm nearby. I know that normally is code for dead, but in this case, it really is true. They wandered away one evening when we were out (they were enjoying the fine Spring weather in our back yard) longer than we had expected. We didn't return until after dark and our little chicks were nowhere to be seen! Our neighbor told us that one of the guys that live in his building found them and took them to a nearby farm. I guess he didn't expect them to be any one's pets....has he not heard of the Sieg's Suga' Sweet Farm?
  • Samantha (my little chick) was savvy enough to elude him and was found the next morning under our neighbors car. She was loudly chirping until we came and got her. Now she is even more of a pet than ever and spends half of the day on our shoulders.
  • Jack ended his time at the Sieg residence. His shedding (etc.) and my pregnancy were not the best combo. We found him a good home where he will be appreciated for the kook that he is. I know, I'm the devil.
  • James' mom gave Mason a fine set of cow plates, dishes, and silverware. He LOVES them and moos every time he gets down to the bottom of his bowl. I think they are wonderful, too. Especially on days like today (and yesterday) when nearly everything else is sitting dirty in my kitchen sink. They have been the extra fork and spoon that came in handy when I would have otherwise resorted to my measuring utensils when eating my meals. Whoohoo! Yeah...call me lazy.
  • James' semester is all over (besides finals) so he has been home more and Mason and I are in HOG HEAVEN!!!
  • I fell in love with 2 new stores nearby where you can buy produce for incredibly cheap prices. As a result, we are now eating more fruits and veggies and feeling so frugal and healthy! We have gone on a fast-food fast (because we are too cheap) and are doing just fine on our own, thank you very much. Although, we do miss our friends at Little Ceasers and wonder how they are doing without our frequent visits.
  • I have started to feel the wee one moving inside me. Little flutters here and there. Probably one of the most glorious feelings ever! I am now 13 weeks and feeling SO much better! Traloo-tralay!
  • Our family got placed in a singles ward on campus and even though we miss our married student ward, we are having a ball where we are serving....except for Sundays. Then we miss the beloved nursery that gave us 2 happy hours of freedom. D'oh! James does a great job in his calling and I get to talk about relationships till the cows come home! Hot dog!
  • I am starting to feel the itch to be crafty again. I am a little sad about not having any holidays for a couple months (although James has been so kind to remind me of his important birthday holiday in May). However, this gives me the chance to get ready for Halloween and Christmas! I know I am weird, but a girl must prepare ahead. This late snow surprise in Provo has really helped me get into the mood (poor James has to live with me).

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Do you do any 4th of July decorations?

Gary said...

I don't think men can understand the whole "stirrings" thing. And I must say, seeing a foot or a fist bulge out of your wife's taut tummy is a strange, strange thing.

Seems more like something out of the movie Alien. Or maybe out of Spaceballs. You get the idea.

Conni said...

James, How COULD you? How could you give your dog away?? I thought for sure you could never forgive us for giving Cooper to a 'nice-loving' home, and here you do it too? I'm shocked & surprised! (ha-ha)