James called me on his way home from work the other night with some big news and a big question. He told me something about how five little birdies were abandoned and asked if he could bring them home to raise. The details never matter in the end. I married an animal man who someday wants a farm. Why not start now? I was especially okay with this animal adventure for two reasons. One, they are only our foster birds and will be gone as soon as they are healthy and grown up (I'm sure it will be a little sad) and two, I have been pleasantly surprised by how much we are enjoying our chicken, Samantha. Birds are fun!
These little fellas are SO ugly that they are adorable. I wish the pictures showcased the awkward tufts of feathers on the sides of their heads and their perpetual scowl. Names like Ebenezer and Ichabod are perfect for these beauties!
They weren't expected to live through the night, but with a little cat food, a heating pad, and the magic of James, they are all growing! We'll keep you posted on our not so feathered friends.

4 comments:
How cute- even without feathers :) You guys are so nice to take care of them, hope they do well!
That is IT! I hope you have a spare bedroom because I am moving in!
that is amazing!
When James was a kid he raised a scrub jay that he found. I thought that was so neat, and every time I see one I think of Scrub and how James is so amazing with animals!!
Post a Comment