Last week our bird adventure came to an end after our little birds grew up and flew away. I was shocked at how quickly it went (2 weeks) but boy was I ready! Those little birds REEKED!!! I thought chickens were stinky until these little bad boys came to town. Yikes! We had to feed them cat food 5-6 times a day an every time I fed them, I thought I was going to be sick. All in all, it was a lot of fun. They were so endearingly awkward-looking that it made it all worthwhile.

Now that they have flown away, we see them every so often perched around out yard. James saw one of them fly into our neighbor's window the other day before hopping away confused. I guess we didn't raise the brightest birds. We'll try harder with Mason.
Now that they have flown away, we see them every so often perched around out yard. James saw one of them fly into our neighbor's window the other day before hopping away confused. I guess we didn't raise the brightest birds. We'll try harder with Mason.
One a sad note, we Siegs are sorry to say that our little Samantha chicken is no longer part of Sugar Sweet Farms. She disappeared a couple weeks ago but we have been hoping that she would be returned to us. No luck. She was extremely territorial (other birds cramped her style) and not prone to wandering. Also, there were no feathers or anything indicating that she was some sort of snack. We figure she was taken by some do-good student to a farm just like we found out our other little chicks were. So sad. We miss our little chicken friend. Now who will Mason torment?

4 comments:
Malinda thinks the bird disappeared, but suffice it to say, Mason and I had a the best barbecue we had ever had around the same time.
Hahahahaha...James, you're too cruel! We miss Samantha, too. But I'm not gonna lie...those baby birds sure gave off a stench that I don't miss too much. :)
Malinda you are a better wife and mother than I am. No baby birds or chickens in the house, but I think James deserves it since he's willing to give you rides in the bike trailer.
ha, ha. I was searching for a site about adult empty nesters and found this one and enjoyed reading your adventures. What was funny was our last child to leave the house to college was our son, Mason. My blog is all or mostly all about him, but, as he prepared to fly the nest and his first year in College. Yours is about Mason's first adventures. Kinda cool!
Post a Comment