31 May, 2009

"Your Love Is Better Than Ice Cream..."


Mason, enjoying his first very own ice cream cone! He had been previously gnawing on a green onion in the shopping cart so I figured he needed a little treat.

Last Sunday, while James was away at church meetings, Mason and I had a scary moment. After hoarding shredded beef in his mouth, he started choking and nothing worked until I pulled out the Heimlich maneuver. I prayed like the dickens while I tried my best to save our little man. How grateful I am that my prayer was answered! I don't know what I would do without my little chap to pal around with. Besides James, he is my best friend and I love him. All week long I have been thinking about how blessed we are to have him in our family. Lately he has been turning into a little boy and I am smitten (and tired out) by his antics.

Here are some things we have been learning about his emerging personality:
  • Mason has a sweet tooth and can pork down anything sweet and cold in record time. He currently is a big fan of Otter Pops and does a little skippy jig every time he knows that he is going to get his little fists on one...or five of them.
  • He loves to be our helper. He is especially handy at throwing his own diaper away. This is, of course, after we have had to wrestle him down to change him.
  • Mason loves to draw with Mommy. He seems to think that pens are for drawing, markers are for tattoos, and crayons are for a creative snack (I don't mind the tattoos because I am convinced that they are toddler scribble for "I Heart Momma").
  • He seems to fancy the color red.
  • Out of the blue Mason has let us know that he LOVES cars and trucks, but most of all trains ("choo" as he calls them).
  • Mason thinks that cooking is a delightful sport and insists on "helping" mommy whenever it is meal time.
  • His two favorite places are outside and my craft room.
  • Mason is a little ham and thrives on attention...especially from attractive women. Church can be a nightmare!
  • As tough as he is, he still melts for his grandma's blankets. He thinks that the dirtier and stinkier they are, the better to snuggle with.
  • Mason likes lions and has the scary growl down pat.
  • Mason believes that no outfit is complete with out a fanny pack and sports one to all the big events.
  • Mason is secure in his manhood. He proves this by trying to wear women's jewelry at every chance he gets. Also, girl toys are fun to play with.
  • He thinks bugs are cool and is rather fascinated by them...until he deems it time to smash them with his big thumbs.
  • Mason can boogie down like a mad man, especially if it is to "Lambert the Sheepish Lion" or "Here Comes Peter Cottontail". He's a hip stud.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Oh my gosh! How scary! I hope that that day will never come. I need to refresh on the Heimlich for my wee one. I can't imagine...

Aria said...

What in the world would we do without our precious Mason? He's one of my favorite people in the around, too. You sure have a special little chap, Malinda, and we're so lucky we get to live so close to you guys.

The Romney Family said...

Malinda, that is so scary! I'm so sorry that happened, especially when you were home alone! Thank heaven everything is fine. We love your adorable little man--what a sweetheart. And you are such a great mommy.

Jordan said...

Glad everything is ok- I know everyone already said it, but that is so scary when it happens! Love your list of Mason's likes- little boys are so funny :)