Kathleen and I all ready to go!
We Siegs feel like the luckiest of all because we get to be a part of the BYU 207th Young Adult Ward (church congregation). We have loved it from the start (except for that I miss the children's nursery for Mason) but this weekend we had an especially great time with them! Our ward planned an activity to spend the weekend in Southern Utah and hike to Observation Point in Zions National Park. We were able to talk my sister Kathleen into the event and off we went.

Our growing Sieg Family half way up the mountain
We Siegs feel like the luckiest of all because we get to be a part of the BYU 207th Young Adult Ward (church congregation). We have loved it from the start (except for that I miss the children's nursery for Mason) but this weekend we had an especially great time with them! Our ward planned an activity to spend the weekend in Southern Utah and hike to Observation Point in Zions National Park. We were able to talk my sister Kathleen into the event and off we went.
Our growing Sieg Family half way up the mountain
We are lucky to have Mason be such a patient little chap. With the help of some timely trail mix snacks, he was a happy camper for the whole eight mile trek. Sadly, on the way down he fell asleep and rubbed his cheek raw on his backpack and now sports a fancy shiner. Still no complaints but I'm sure one of these days he'll call us on our lax parenting.
Our Ward friends at Observation Point
Isn't it beautiful?!!!
After everyone made it down, we headed off to a swimming hole. Boy was I ready for the cold water! It was so nice and refreshing that I didn't even mind that James threw me in with my hiking clothes on. Even Mason had a ball as there were plenty of frogs and toads for him to pester and lovely ladies to show off his animal prowess to. Gotta love ward activities!

4 comments:
Wow, that looks gorgeous!!! We'll have to all go down there sometime. You've got such an adventurous little family, Malinda. And you don't stop at anything, even when you're 6 months pregnant!
How beautiful!!! Looks like it was a great time- and you look fabulous! I can't believe you are already 6 months along, you're barley showing :)
You are braver than I am to do that being 6 months pregnant. It is a beautiful hike though!
OH Melinda, that looks like a blast. How are you doing? It was so great to see you the other day. My hubby is going out of town in a few weeks so I might call for some sewing time with you!
Post a Comment