Sydney Lane. Isn't she a cutie?!
Today my sister Aria came over with her little one, Sydney. I hadn't seen them for a while so the visit would have been a treat all in itself. However, as luck would have it, Sydney is the very size of a child I am making a clown costume for (an etsy order) and so I used her as live model to make sure that I had measured correctly before adding the elastic touches. As luck would have it, a certain anti-clown costume wearing boy (Mason) was so impressed with her pizazz, that he insisted that I dress him in his clown costume! This may seem like no big thing to most, but to those who know how much I REALLY want Mason to dress up in his costume for Halloween (which he has up to this point vehemently refused to do) know that this was a Halloween miracle! Needless to say, I have hope returned to this year's celebration! Thank you Sydney Lane.
Oh, and thank you, Sydney, for also making it clear to me that I will have to relocate the lowest brown pompom on the clown costume's tummy...I don't' think that the pubic hair look is in this Halloween....

6 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA! I forgot about the unfortunate placement of the pom pom. Sydney didn't seem to care. She was so sad to take off the costume! I think I'm going to have to pick out some fabric ASAP and start sewing a clown costume in time for the big day (I mean, playing with your boys while you sew....). :) You are the seamstress genius, Malinda! I can't wait to do photos of the two clown cousins. Thank goodness Mason has seen the light and realized how cool he's going to look on Halloween.
OH, so cute!
Mason has good reason to be hesitant to wear the clown costume. The last time I was a clown for Halloween, a woman told me, "that's a cute costume, little girl." I'll stick to being a pirate, thank you very much.
This post made me laugh so hard! and congrats on the new baby! he is absolutely adorable. what a cute family you all make!
Malinda! I'm excited to have found that you have a blog :) Matt's up in Utah right now recruiting for UCLA law at BYU and the U -I wish I coulda gone with him and maybe seen you!
I LOVE your costumes!! You are so crazy talented!
Post a Comment