Mason couldn't sleep tonight. I had been sitting on the couch relaxing and enjoying the quiet when his "MAM" cries filled the air (He calls me mommy by day, but when he wants out of his crib, "Mam" is all I get from him). Mason knows how to push my buttons and has been doing just that ALL. DAY. LONG! Thankfully, he also knows how to fill my love bucket. Tonight he knew I needed a snuggle on the couch with my first born. While James studied on campus and Charlie slept, we watched President Uchdorf's CES fireside. Apparently he also knew that I needed to administer a good back scratch and an arm tickle because the next thing I knew, he was holding both fists high in the air. He had rolled his bright pink hand-me-down pajama sleeves all the way up to his chubby little elbows, so that I could tickle his soft skin better. There he was, sprawled out on my lap with his stinky blanket shoved in his mouth without a care in the world. Suddenly the whole situation was so hilarious to me and I started laughing. Laughing so much that my tired and grouchy heart melted and my worries disappeared also. Boy did that feel good! And to think I thought that sleep was the only thing that would make my life better again.
2 comments:
Mason is the sweetest and quirkiest little guy. He always fills my love bucket when I see him!
Hey Sieg Family! I just stumbled upon your blog and thought I'd say Hi! Hope all is going good with you guys!
Post a Comment