Ah, April Fools day....What a wonderful semi-holiday. I was raised by a mom who baked chocolate chip cookies and filled them with onions to teach her children the wonderment of the day. Every year I have great hopes of completely pulling the wool over someone's eyes. Sadly, nearly every year goes by without being tricky enough to pull it off. That is what happens when you are the gullible one. People get you instead. Rats. However, there are a couple years that were successes and still stand out in my memory as triumphant!
When Aria was around ten, she had a friend named Kira who's family always slept in late on the weekends. This was drastically different from we Vances. Our mom got us up at the crack of dawn no matter what the day was. That particular April Fools landed on a Saturday and I just could not resist taking advantage of the opportunity! When my sister groggily came down the stairs that morning, I excitedly ran over to her and said that her friend Kira had just called to invite Aria to Disneyland with her family. I told her that they were going to be leaving any minute so she had to hurry and call her back if she wanted to go. Next thing I knew, Aria was on the phone, waking up Kira's whole family and saying, "Hi, Kira! I would love to go Disneyland with you!" The laugh I got out of that was well worth the scowl she gave me afterward.
and....
When I was a Junior in college, I lived with my friends in Liberty Square, one of the largest apartment complexes in Provo. None of us were very fond of the management there so we decided to target them for that years pranking enjoyment. The night before, we all took turns calling random people in various Liberty Square apartments and said, "Hi, this is so and so from the Liberty Square Office. I just wanted to call and let you know that we are starting to choose a tenant of the month. I just wanted to let you know that you have been chosen and we would like to give you $10 to let you know how much we appreciate you. If you could come down and claim that tomorrow during business hours, that would be great." Apparently, we didn't really have a life because many many calls were made that night. The next day after classes, we headed down to the office to see if any damage had been done. When we got there, we found a sign up that read something to the affect of: "THERE IS NO TENANT OF THE MONTH". When we sidled up to the front desk and inquired about our tenant of the month prize, the lady angrily informed us that it was a cruel April Fools prank and that they had been having people bother them about it all day. Hot diggity-dog!!!!!
Good luck with any fun April Fools pranks you have planned!
When Aria was around ten, she had a friend named Kira who's family always slept in late on the weekends. This was drastically different from we Vances. Our mom got us up at the crack of dawn no matter what the day was. That particular April Fools landed on a Saturday and I just could not resist taking advantage of the opportunity! When my sister groggily came down the stairs that morning, I excitedly ran over to her and said that her friend Kira had just called to invite Aria to Disneyland with her family. I told her that they were going to be leaving any minute so she had to hurry and call her back if she wanted to go. Next thing I knew, Aria was on the phone, waking up Kira's whole family and saying, "Hi, Kira! I would love to go Disneyland with you!" The laugh I got out of that was well worth the scowl she gave me afterward.
and....
When I was a Junior in college, I lived with my friends in Liberty Square, one of the largest apartment complexes in Provo. None of us were very fond of the management there so we decided to target them for that years pranking enjoyment. The night before, we all took turns calling random people in various Liberty Square apartments and said, "Hi, this is so and so from the Liberty Square Office. I just wanted to call and let you know that we are starting to choose a tenant of the month. I just wanted to let you know that you have been chosen and we would like to give you $10 to let you know how much we appreciate you. If you could come down and claim that tomorrow during business hours, that would be great." Apparently, we didn't really have a life because many many calls were made that night. The next day after classes, we headed down to the office to see if any damage had been done. When we got there, we found a sign up that read something to the affect of: "THERE IS NO TENANT OF THE MONTH". When we sidled up to the front desk and inquired about our tenant of the month prize, the lady angrily informed us that it was a cruel April Fools prank and that they had been having people bother them about it all day. Hot diggity-dog!!!!!
Good luck with any fun April Fools pranks you have planned!
1 comment:
You always make me laugh! I love it.
Post a Comment