02 July, 2010

Hello Buzz!


Buzz Light year/Mason showing off is big guns
Mason has been a big fan of Toy Story for a while now, but after the treat of watching the newest movie in the theaters a couple weeks ago, he has been gaga. Lucky for him, last Saturday morning, James and I spotted an amazing garage sale while we were running errands. Thirty minutes later, we walked away with the find of the day....a Buzz Light Year pajama set! Mason was so excited that he insisted he keep it on his lap until we got home to wash it. That night he was pleased as punch to become one of his very favorite characters. Fortunately, it fits like a glove. Unfortunately, the button that is supposed to make him fly apparently does not work. After pressing it repeatedly, Mason inquired, "Why I not flying?" Blast! Reality is so hard sometimes. Now that the fact that he did not actually become the real Buzz Lightyear has set in, he likes to inform me, "I pretending to be Buzz!" while he dons his majestic pajamas.

Anyway, our little chap is so smitten by his pajamas that he has done everything in them since, including wearing them under his church clothes last Sunday (his own frumpy version of Clark Kent) and slyly showed off his alter-ego to some of his favorite friends by unbuttoning his shirt every now and again. I have always looked forward to the day when my kids would want to play dress up, so I don't mind him wearing his Buzz out and about. My only complaint is that the entire pajama suit is white and Mason is very much an active little boy. Wearing them while he plays in streams or digs with his trucks outside does not make laundering them very easy. Wish me luck!

Mason, wondering what all the buttons do
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

This post made me laugh out loud. I LOVE the Clark Kent story. He has such a cute little imagination. I hope things are going well for you Malinda!

BBC said...

he's too cute!

Aria said...

how cute! i love that he wore it to church under his clothes! he is so funny.