21 August, 2010

Firsts and Lasts


Charlie and Mason helping their Pops clean his company car for the first and last time this Summer
We Siegs have been so busy moving these past so many weeks that not much has happened with this blog. So many big firsts and lasts have been going on, but by the time I am done packing or unpacking, I am too tired to do anything else. Even pulling out the camera has been taking a bit too much effort. So this catch up post will have to do.
Firsts:
  • For starters, Mason went to the dentist for the first time ever this month! Boy oh boy was his momma nervous for the little chap! I HATE the dentist and I really didn't want my little chap to have to have a bad experience. So I did what every good mom would do. I flat out lied about how much fun the dentist was and how much we love them. Low, I know, but it worked like a charm! He was so excited for his big boy adventure! So excited, in fact, that while I was getting my exam (and trying my best to not have a panic attack) he happily bit my toe (another first. He has never been a biter). What fun.
  • Since we are moving and we want to make a good impression, I decided that instead of give Mason the normal homeless haircut that he sports so well, that I would take him to someone who actually knows what they are doing. Mason felt like the man of the hour while oodles of women faun over him.
  • At nearly eleven months, Charlie finally had a tooth break through his adorable little gums. I will miss his toothless grins, but boy will this make eating easier!


Charlie's gummy smile...and a close up of how truly ugly our wallpaper was in our Provo upstairs bedroom.
  • James was able to feel our little baby move for the first time the other day. This little one has been kicking around inside me for a while now, but seems to be a little shy of anyone but their mother feeling their acrobats. I am glad that James felt a kick though. Makes it all the more real.
  • We officially became Cache Valley residents! So far we are in hog heaven!
  • James and the boys got to experience their first rodeo! Mason now wants to be a cowboy.
  • Mason and Char got their first cowboy hats.
  • Mason went to nursery for the first time in a long time. He LOVED being in the singles ward for the past 18 months but few things compare to getting to eat snacks and play with toys for the majority of church. Dropping him off with his fellow toddlers was a happy event for us all. I spent the rest of church calculating how many more months before Charlie gets to join him.
  • I started filling my Halloween orders on Etsy. What a busy and happy season! It is good to know that there are other people who start preparing for holidays way before its time.
  • Mason and Char are now sharing a room and completely adore it. There have been a couple naps that haven't ever happened as a result of their being too excited to sleep, but overall, it has been great. There are few things that warm my little heart more than seeing them happily jumping in their beds and squealing together.
Lasts:
  • James had his last day of work as a State employee. Now we have a two week break with him before he starts his Masters. He feels like a bum, but the rest of us feel like the luckiest of all to have him to ourselves!
  • We went on a walk through the tree streets for the last time. I will miss those welcoming neighborhoods.
  • We explored Hobble Creek Canyon for the last time.
  • We said good-bye to all of our friends in our singles ward. What a treat this time with them has been!
  • We went to the Provo Library for the last time. Happily, I was able to find and return that last sneaky book that had been hiding under Mason's crib for the past two months.
  • We packed up and said good-bye to our little house in Provo. We had a wonderful two and half years there and feel incredibly blessed to have been able to have met so many wonderful neighbors and friends.
Well, as you can see, nothing really monumental. Just life rolling along. I'm just glad that I finally posted SOMETHING!

James and the boys enjoying our last Sunday drive/stroll in Hobble Creek.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mastermind said...

Hooray to your new posts! I have felt deprived. Though I did memorize your last post in the meantime so...it hasn't been all bad.
And speaking of Etsy, how's about you show me what kind of figurines you can make? I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for so long I think one of my legs fell asleep!

Jordan said...

So glad all is well with you guys- really cute pictures of the little men!!!