Our little Char is now 15 months old! How in the world?! I have mixed feelings on the matter. Part of me feels like I lost out on a couple months and so he should still be my baby. The other part of me compares him to our little six pound McCabe and thinks that Char should be even more grown up than he is. Either way, I must say, I think 15 months is one of the most adorable and kissable ages. I loved it on Mason and I am falling in love with it all over again on this little chap.
This past pregnancy was hard on everyone in our family, but probably the very hardest for Charlie. Since he was so young, he couldn't understand what was going on and why his mommy wasn't herself anymore and why his schedule was way out of whack. He did relatively well considering everything, but still he stopped sleeping, stopped eating and started tantruming like it was going out of style. After so many times of me not being able to hold him when he wanted, he just stopped trying altogether and began turning to other people instead. One of my favorite things about Charlie is that he will quietly watch you from afar until you catch his eye and smile at him. Then he unabashedly glows with glee and you feel like the most important person in the world. Unfortunately, he stopped making eyes at his mommy this holiday season and it broke my heart. Already feeling a bit hormonal didn't help. I was happy that he has a good relationship with his poppy and that he got to bond with his grandma while she was here, but I really missed him.
Now that I am nearly three weeks into healing and life is normalizing once more, my little Char is returning! I hear him chattering my name around the house, am able to pull him on my lap to snuggle-buggle, and catch him shyly staring in my direction. Needless to say, my love bucket is plumb full! Hot dog! We love our sweet and stubborn little Charlie.

5 comments:
wow... tama and charlie are so close in age! tama turns 16 months on saturday! we should get them together sometime! this has been my favorite stage too! they're so much fun right now!
This is such a cute post and cute pictures! I'll have to remember that cute picture idea for when I have a kid- just stick him in a plastic storage bin!
Aw, that's so sweet, and made me cry! Poor Charlie must really have missed his mama during those hard pregnancy months. But I'm so happy that things are beginning to get back to normal (as normal as is possible with a newborn). You have the sweetest boys. They all deserve a healthy, happy mommy.
P.S. I was checking for an anniversary post - happy FIVE years to you guys yesterday!!!
What a sweetheart, I love those pictures. I absolutely love this age too; Elijah is just so darling and fun right now. I wish we were in the same place so that they could play!
Post a Comment