Remember that classic moment when our favorite Nazi, suddenly realizing his poor choice, looks at his suddenly aging hands and in a raspy, whithering voice asks "what...is...h-h-happening...to...me..?" Crazy things is, minus being a Nazi and the presence of a back-stabbing uber-ugly blond, a similar thing happened to me at scouts last night. That's right, me the Deacons' quorum advisor, full of wit and humor, decides to crack a joke in the company of my favorite 12 year olds. What could go wrong, right? I mean, even if I am not that funny, I should be able to rely on the social pressure of my being an "adult" in their eyes to force them to elicit at least a pity laugh. Not so. I made my river dance reference, and they continued to stare at me, almost unblinkingly, still waiting for the punchline that I had already nailed. Unfortunately, it never came for them.
What I may have looked like immediately after seeing their blank stares
Apparently Walter Donovan and I both chose poorly.






2 comments:
Oh I love that quote. The guy all shrivels up and blows away and the knight is like, "Eh. He chose...poorly." You Siegs make me laugh.
Ha ha oh man! Russ said if he was there he would have laughed for you :)
Post a Comment