06 May, 2011

New house!!!

James and the boys outside of our new place
We're here! For the last week we Siegs have been living in our new place and we LOVE IT!!! It may not look like anything special to you, but here are the top 10 reasons why we think it is a beaut.
10. There is heating in the upstairs. Yes, our boys no longer have to freeze to death at night and we no longer have to worry about them using a space heater.
9. We can play outside as much as we want without a crazy old man trying to mow the lawn.
8. The counters aren't covered with contact paper (or the walls for that matter). Oh, and we don't have to open our oven to get to our silverware drawer. 
7. Our stairs have railings on them. 
6. Our house actually locks. Safety isn't overrated after all. Go figure.
5. The floors don't feel like they are going to rot out underneath us. I guess it was handy being able to call through the cracks to whoever was in the basement below, but we can adjust I suppose.
4. The garage/ basement isn't all dirt and rock (and spiders and rodents) and wasn't carved out of the ground with a mule and cart 100 years ago. Mason was a little confused by the big square things going up and down (our garage doors) but he will eventually adjust to the 21st century.
3. There is no carpet in the kitchen.
2. DISHWASHER! DISHWASHER! DISHWASHER!!!!! First time in 5 1/2 years. Hot dog!!!
1. Mason put it best when he said, "We have a new fridge and even it don't shock us!"

Needless to say, we are pleased as punch and so relieved to not be spied on constantly for the first time since August. Home sweet home!

5 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

hooray! it sounds awesome! and freakily looks just like brian's parents house in sandy. everytime i go there now, i will think of you :)

The Hunzikers said...

HOORAY!!!! Loved your top ten reasons...sounds like you guys should have moved long ago!!! :)

Kiersten said...

Oh wow. I can't believe how crazy that place was. You are a trooper to have dealt with it for so long! I love your new place. It looks huge!

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you're liking the new place! I can't believe all of the annoyances your other place had. Carpet in the kitchen? Really? Who does that?

Jordan said...

It looks beautiful!!! And all those amenities...I'm so jealous! So happy for you guys :)