22 December, 2011

McCabe's birthday rundown

On Saturday, our sweet little McCabey Baby turned ONE! How in the world is my youngest out of his infancy? We love our little Mr. and are so glad that he has made our Christmas seasons even brighter! With every child, I long to pull off a 1st birthday celebration that even Martha Stewart would be wowed by, but every year things get busy and we basically end up doing nothing much at all. This year was no different and I was so let down. But thanks to our little man's cheery little personality, the day was a success in the end. Since it was his big day, we tried our best to do things that he likes to do, like...
Play with pom poms:
We spent the day moseying around the house:
Check out that fancy footwork! For the most part McCabe sticks to his speedy crawl, but more and more often he thrilles us with as many as six steps in a row now. 

We showered him with love and affection:
...which wasn't always as appreciated...

When the evening came we got the real party started! 

After our ho-hum dinner (I can't remember what we ate for the life of me so I know it wasn't anything fancy) we opened presents. McCabe is proud to report that he opened each gift by himself and didn't need any help from his very willing brothers. :) Not only was he interested enough to unwrap his presents, he seemed to be truly excited for every one! 
His Grandma Sieg wowed him with a little blanket of his dreams that had FIVE pompoms attached! Sticking with that theme, he also got a new Christmas hat with a pompom on top as well. What can I say, this boy likes a good pom pom. :) And while we're on the topic of gifts, I must say that I LOVE having a son born in December so that I can not feel as dumpy wrapping them in Christmas wrapping paper! Let's be honest, every birthday in the Sieg home is celebrated with some form of Christmas wrapping paper. D'oh!

As annoying as this little dog friend is, our boy's think that he's grand! All day long we hear it say things like, "hug me!" in a really creepy voice. I don't mind it so much in the day, but when I hear it go off at night when I am the only one around it really reminds me of Talking Tina (from the Twilight Zone). Yikes!

Pops wowed us by a fancy looking cake....

...and McCabe was pleased as punch!
Ziggy-piggy!
I know this is a little fuzzy, but it is one of my favorites just the same.

Last but not least, we had pinata time! Since it was icy and cold outside, we opted to beat our little Christmas elf pinata indoors. McCabe gave the elf a mighty-good wallop, and with the help of two burly brothers (and Poppy who had to eventually help out a little) we hit the jack-pot.
Mason and Char coached him from the sidelines



Here's to another happy year, McCabe! Thanks for joining our family.


6 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

oh, he is so stinkin' cute! i can't believe your baby is one!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

He's so adorable! I'm glad he had a great birthday. Also, don't feel bad about Christmas wrapping paper all the time, that happens here too.

Christine said...

My wrapping paper solution was to buy a roll of black, white, and grey striped paper. Acceptable for all occasions, perfect for none. but its better than the grocery store ads... not that I'm admitting to anything.

mastermind said...

McCaby-baby is soooo cute! I can't believe he's already a year old. Where does the time go?! Also, nice pinata! Pinatas always remind me of Amanda's bridal shower. :)

And that cake Jamesy made looks delicious! I want to eat it right now.

Carol said...

Thanks for having me at McCabe's Birthday party. He is so darling, just like his brothers. Oh, and I don't like Talky Tina either. Love.