Charlie loves a good book
As a mother of all boys, I am often told that I am lucky not to have any girls because they are all drama. "Boys are all energy and girls are all drama" they say. But then I think of our little Char. Sure he is full of muscle and loves nothing more than to kick a ball or wrestle, but he also has a dramatic flair that keeps our home interesting. Charlie is generally as sweet as sugar but when he's crossed (or cold, or hungry or tired), he can be as fiery as they come! He reminds me of the poem (that my mom used to quote to me when I got grouchy as a little girl) There was a little girl, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:
There was a little girl (but in our case boy),
Who had a little curl,
right in the middle of [his] forehead (which he actually does just like his namesake).
When [he] was good,
[He] was very good indeed,
But when [he] was bad [he] was horrid.
Charlie is as unpredictable as they come. One moment he is telling his brothers how much he loves them and the next he is yelling at them or giving them a feisty bite. This boy's tantrums have really been testing our mettle and have driven us to tears and countless prayers as we've tried to figure out what to do to teach him to mellow out. He's drama to a T...and James says he gets it from me. :)
Charlie, eating his favorite snack. Yogurt has saved many a mood.
But his moody little personality isn't the only reason why he screams drama. In fact, this little boy actually acts whenever he gets the chance. I don't know if it's because he can't verbally express what he's thinking as well as he'd like or what, but throughout the day, he will run up to me and tell me about some event and then say, "Mommy, I show you!" With that, he'll act it out for my viewing pleasure (a recent favorite of his was showing me how Mason accidently touched dog poop) and then beam with pride at his job well done. As his mother (and as someone who wowed the crowds as an oompa-loompa myself), how can I resist his little talent?!!!
So Mason keeps tattling on Char (augh!!!!) and Charlie keeps doing hard time in time outs. But through it all we keep loving our Charlie all the more. Who needs a girl when you have a Char?
No comments:
Post a Comment