The boys and I just got back from spending a week in California. I really wanted to see Meggie but James was not going to be able to take time off so Kathleen was nice enough to drop everything and come with me. What would I have done without her?!!! It was a treat to be able to talk with her (although sometimes over screaming from the back seat) while we drove across the desert. I love my sister!
Since my whole reason for going to California was to be with Meggie, I spent nearly all of my time in her hospital room. Somehow I never brought my camera to the hospital with me to document our time together. Now I regret that since my time with her was so special. At one point Meggie apologized for not being able to keep much conversation, but when you have been friends for 20 years, chit-chat doesn't matter. Even while she slept, there was no other place that I would have rather been. I will be forever grateful for my family (on both sides) for watching my boys so that I could spend my time in the hospital.
On my last day, I spent the morning with my family at the beach in hopes of seeing some cool creatures in tide pools. It was nice watching my boys play around in the sun. Thank you, California, for another nice visit!
Char thought this hat was a cowboy hat. You can imagine his delight when Kathleen helped him find a kelp cowboy rope!

















3 comments:
I'm sure Meghan was so happy you were there by her side. Love you.
So glad you could see Meghan and so glad that you got these pictures of your beautiful boys! next time you come to town, i'd love to visit.
I am so glad you were able to go down and spend time with Mehgan.
Post a Comment