Three oddball Super heroes.
Yay! We have a new computer and I can finally blog again! Before I catch up on all the other things that I have been meaning to put on here, I thought I would give a little update on what my boys are like at this age. They change so fast and I never want to forget exactly what they are like at this time.
Mason scraped up his face to bad the other day and insisted on wearing this cotton ball for a while to soothe his little nose. He even wore it to the grocery store.
Mason at five and a half:
- Favorite song: Where I come from by Montgomery Gentry. But really, Mason will sing along with nearly any song.
- Favorite color: Green. It was blue until he realized that green was James' favorite. He is quick to say that he does not like pink...unless it is on a girl.
- Favorite foods: Parmesan chicken strips, french toast, and dark red apples. However, overall he isn't such a big eater these days.
- Considers himself one of the grown ups in the house. Constantly saying things like, "When I was a kid...."
- Still as big of a snuggler as ever but isn't allowed to have his "B" except for bedtime.
- Would have you softly tickle his back all day if he could.
- Loves learning and beams with pride when he figures things out. Is especially fond of math and working on math problems in his spider man work book.
- Loves drawing and is really getting good
- Still sings with a LOT of volume and prides himself on being the loudest singer in primary. I pity the person who sits next to him because that boy has a set of pipes!
- Still the sweetest and most sincere boy I have ever known.
- Also at a very honest point in his life. ("Dinner was good but only a little bit good")
- Scared of the dark and still has nightmares.
- Is quick to tear up if something is sad or sweet or when he is frustrated. The other day I was reading him a blog post from a couple years back about how much I loved him and he smiled at me while wiping his eyes and said, "Oh, this is making me cry!"
- Almost never shows any sort of anger.
- LOVES telling a good joke (and a good joke is all relative).
- Really likes the show Wild Kratts and pretends to be Chris and Martin with Charlie.
- Wants to be either a zoo keeper or an explorer when he grows up.
- Loves riding his bike and rollerblading.
- His favorite person is James. Next up would be Char.
- Is a cautious little chap and never wants to ride on a "loop de loop."
- Is more reserved than when he was little but has a soft spot for people in need. We were recently shopping at Sams Club when he mentioned to me that he only likes to say hi to people who look like they have something physically wrong with them because he know they need a friend. Then I told him that some people are hurting inside and we never know who is having a hard time. He took our conversation to heart and immediately started saying hi to every person there even though he was visibly terrified. He isn't nervous now but he hasn't caught on all the way that it works best when they are looking in his direction.
- LOVES playing with legos but still can't resist a good game of pretending to be an animal with his brothers.
- Loves going on camping trips with James and the scouts.
- Obsessed with Cowboys. All things cowboy. In fact, if he doesn't like something, all you have to do is tell him that cowboys like it/do it and then he instantly changes his tune.
- Is often found lost in thought while swinging his "cowboy rope" and if the subject of bad guys (or tornadoes) comes up, he is quick to let us know that he will protect us with his rope. "I tell them "Howdy" and then I rope them!"
- Adores the bedtime stories that James makes up about Charlie the hero cowboy.
- Currently wants to be a vet when he grows up.
- Favorite song: Even if it breaks your heart by Eli Young and anything by The Riders in the Sky. (I blame James for my boys liking country music of late)
- Feels very important now that he is a Sunbeam in primary. He was asked to give the prayer in opening exercises recently and ended up not saying a word. When James was done saying the prayer for him, Char beamed with pride as he strutted back to his seat.
- Also loves Wild Kratts.
- Enjoys a good apple and orange and eats them all day long.
- Calls Cinnamon rolls "Cowboy food."
- Favorite animal is an armadillo and dresses up in his armadillo costume on a regular basis.
- LOVES swinging and "helping" me cook.
- Makes us love notes/drawings all day long.
- Favorite color is blue. This is most likely because it was Mason's favorite color up until recently.
- Hates going to the bathroom and will hold his bladder for hours. This wouldn't bother me except that he gets incredibly cranky as a result.
- ADORES his brothers, especially Mason.
- Has to be bribed to stay in his bed at night
- Still can throw a good tantrum.
- Loves his little rat, Blackie.
- Loves to sing
- Charlie considers himself a little gentleman and makes grand low bows to woo me into a waltz all the time.
- Char has put himself in charge of making sure McCabe doesn't break any rules. He has also taken it on himself to be Coob's verbal coach and can be heard commanding Cabey to repeat every word under the sun all day long. "Cabey, now say....cup! Good job!!!"
- Charlie is tough as nails but inside is incredibly sweet.
- Talks about his godmother Mehgan on a daily basis.
- Is the best at sitting still for hair cuts and nail clippings.
- Loves to laugh and joke but gets very upset if he thinks he looks foolish. Laugh with, not at Char!
- Wants nothing more to be helpful in his own way. But only when he is in the mood.
- Takes himself very seriously and will make you regret it if you don't.
Cabey at just over two:
- Can't get enough of trucks and trains. He has some sort of vehicle with him at all times!
- Follows his brothers around all day long and wants nothing more than to be in on the action.
- LOVES playing with Mason's legos. The other night we found him asleep in a pile of legos that he dumped out while the lights were out.
- Because he is such a stinker at bedtime, most nights he has to have the "consequence" falling to sleep on Mommy and Poppy's big soft bed by himself. James and I wonder how long it will take the other boys to realize that they are missing out?
- Loves wearing Char's various cowboy hats and thinks that wearing nearly every kind of hat makes a person a cowboy.
- Favorite word is "No!" and says it with guttural gusto!
Feeling mighty smug about how good he looks in Mason's underwear
- Is quite certain that no rule applies to him.
- Is feisty and fun!
- Disagrees without being disagreeable.
- Loves milk. Will raid the fridge and pull out the entire gallon of milk and lug it around until he finds me and makes his wishes known.
- Runs around the house in a peppy half skip, half gallup.
- Not a big snuggler, but when he does, he still tucks his little arms by his belly while you hold him.
- MAJOR sweet tooth! Reminds of Buddy the elf because his great affinity for sugar.
- Loves flushing the toilet but is not even remotely interested in using it himself.
- Loves to dance to I'm on top of the world by Imagine Dragons
- Doesn't like to share. Holds his own in nursery.
- Loves his mommy best of all.
- His favorite game right now is repeatedly saying, "I. love. YOU!!!!" and then chasing each other around the house. Subsequently, this is my favorite game right now, too.
- Talks about ghosts all the time....which I don't mind unless it is while James is gone on a camp-out for the weekend.
- Hates being naked. Likes his diaper put on right away.
- May just give the best hugs of anyone I have ever known.
I love my boys!!!!











4 comments:
oh i love how you wrote up about the boys. i might have to steal your idea. i get caught up in the big moments and forget that i want to remember all the small quirks the boys have now. and after reading all that, my favorite bit of info was mason saying hi to people despite his nervousness. melted my heart.
your boys are so cute!!! And I love the pictures. I hope to someday get the privledge of having boys as cute and fun as yours!
I love your posts! So glad that you're back. And your boys couldn't be sweeter. I love hearing about them.
Your boys are darling! I can't wait to see you all again. :)
Post a Comment