Well now I can officially say that I am a soccer mom! This Spring Mason made his soccer debut with the local parks and rec and boy was he a hit! He made at least one goal and he couldn't have been more pleased with himself....and really, who cares if it was for the other team?! Thankfully, Mason team was so challenged for talent that this happened all the time and nobody even batted an eye (besides me, who was laughing so hard I almost peed in my pants). More than anything, Mason loved kicking the ball out of bounds to prevent the other team from making a goal. However, he was so fond of this move that he ended up doing it whenever he came in contact with the ball.... even if the other team was nowhere in sight! After one of these heroic kicks to nowheresville while the referee stopped everything to decide who was going to kick it in again, Mason would proudly call to me, "Hey Mom, did you see that kick?!!! I really whammed it!" Yep! That's my boy! Needless to say, the Grasshoppers didn't win too many times, but they sure had fun!
Mason had a great time with his team:
The Grasshoppers, in all of their glory
But best of all were the treats afterwards!
This was taken after the first game when he was blown away by his good fortune.
So even if he spent a lot of time doing this:
Soccer was a success!






1 comment:
He is already a better soccer player than I ever was. When I was little I would get in trouble for picking flowers and chasing dragon flies during a game.
Post a Comment