01 September, 2013

Provo River

Getting ready for our first run down

 Now that it has been two months since I last posted, I figure I better get back on the ball before I never can get the will-power to post again! Obviously I have a lot of catching up to do, but I thought I would start that off by posting some pictures of our last day in Utah during our trip out there in mid-August. We Siegs loved floating down the Provo river so much when we lived in that neck of the woods and we decided that revisiting that with all three of our men was a must. Lucky for us, a bunch of our family decided to join us! We ended up going down it twice in a row; once with just us Siegs and then once again with my brothers and some nephews. Both times it was nice but the second time certainly took the cake! We have the best family and we had such a ball freezing our hineys off with them! To top it off, the rest of my siblings and my parents met us at the end for a picnic at Vivian's park. Such a fun way to end our time in Utah!
 Mid stream

Our river guide

 My brothers met us at the bottom of the river and then we all piled into Marshy's van and plopped our raft on top for the short drive up to the starting point. James and Tony impressed us all with their manly muscles.

Ian

  Ryan

 Getting ready! I am THRILLED that Alex is home from his mission!!!!

 Our gang

 Alvin. I sure love him!

 So many boys!!!

 The cool raft

 Our competition

 Marshy wowed us all with this little floaty. He was such a sport!

 I love these guys!

 Isaac was a fish and it really was amazing because the water was freezing!



  L: Marshy had to help Ian with a little diaper change mid-float  R: Me and my Mason

 Marshy and Ian

Ben and Tony and Alex, jumping off the rock towards the end of the ride. I am pretty sure this is where President Monson once saved a girl's life when he was a kid. Pretty cool.

5 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

Ahh I've missed you and your posts..so glad to see an update. I've been horrible too at posting and just post pictures on Instagram. Do you use Instagram??

Christine said...

Great to see more from the Siegs!

Unknown said...

I like these! I'm glad at least one of us took them!

Hayley Parker said...

Floating the river is so fun! We didn't get to do it this year because of baby. Next year!

Aria said...

This looks like so much fun! I wish we were brave enough to join. You guys are so adventurous.