22 October, 2013

Bonfire

 Bonfires are one of my favorite things and who better to build one with than with my favorite people?! Earlier this month James and I took the boys to our favorite Tuttle Creek for an impromptu bonfire. James was supposed to be camping with the scouts but it fell through so we got to play instead! We figured that all we needed were matches, some newspaper and some snacks since there would be plenty of twigs and branches on the grounds to collect for our fire needs. When we got there, James and the boys were put on gathering duty and brought back an impressive amount to keep our fire burning into the wee hours (or until we deemed it too far past the boy's bedtime).

Once we got what we needed, I got to play pyro and build our fire!
 Thanks to my training as an ultra-cool girl scout, we were set! 
My attempt to show the boys how to give the mallows a nice golden toasting

 L: Coobie and his s'more R: Mason is a big believer of burning his marshmallows as long as possible

Char

 L: Char decided that he was NOT a fan of the charred mallow. R: Pops enjoying a break from school

I love Fall time with my men!
Huckle was in this photo but in my haste to get in the picture, I accidentally parked my flat butt right in front of him! Sorry Huckleberry.

No comments: