Coobie and his trusty Baby Lion. Both of them earned many stickers each and cool glove balloons for their bravery
Early this afternoon Coobie accidentally got bonked into our coffee table by a very sorry Huckleberry and split his eyebrow open. James was prepping for a test that he would have to take in the next little bit so I knew that I couldn't ask him to come to our rescue. Thankfully, I have such great friends here in Kansas and in no time my other two men were shipped off to the Wenzel's house while McCabe and I enjoyed special time in the emergency room. Obviosly it wasn't all kicks and giggles, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy all of the one and one time when they weren't sewing him up. The experience made me think of many happy memories that I have had with my parents while being treated for some sort of trauma. Those times were painful and hard, but somehow they are still overall happy moments for me to reflect on. So when Coobie gets older, I hope that he can decide not to focus on the painful and scary parts but instead remember the shining moments. How brave he was and how his baby lion stuffed-animal got to perch on his tummy for the entire procedure. How we read the same three Halloween books a gazillion times while sharing a pillow on his narrow hospital bed. How much we laughed! But mostly, how much I love him. I know I never want to forget how round his little hands were, how charmed I was by his lashed eyes, or how funny he thought I was. What would I do without Coobie?
Before he got cleaned up. He was all sunshine for most of it except for when he realized that he didn't get to play at the Wenzel's and when they were shooting him with lidocaine and stitching him up.
"That's gonna leave a mark!"
Mason felt bad for his brother to have to suffer but thinks it is pretty cool that both of them now have had stitches on their eyebrows! Mason thinks that now Charlie needs to get them but I told him that the stitches Char got above his lip as a baby are good enough.





1 comment:
Wow, that's going to leave a mark. I love reading your posts.
Post a Comment