21 March, 2015

Meet Scout!


Back in December, our family was wooed into getting another dog and we named her Scout (but sometimes I call her Jean Louise). She is an Old English Sheepdog and we think that she is tops! And with how cute and fluffy is, can you blame us?!
 

I have loved this breed for a long time but this Summer Mason fell in love with the breed. When we found out that there were Old English Sheepdog puppies in our neighboring town, he and I decided that we simply HAD to see them. And then of course, once we did, we knew that life wouldn't be quite right unless we made one a part of our family.

Mason fell pretty hard for this little lady right away.

Scout is on the right. I was waffling between her and the friendliest roly poly male puppy (the one on the left) but in the end, Scout won out.


James and I decided to get her as an early Christmas present for Mason and brought her home one night after a date while the boys were sleeping. 
James with Scout, before we woke Mason up with his new friend.

Mason was over the moon!

After giving her a wellness exam:

We decided that she was just right.

She was such a cute little butterball!


Since she is technically Mason's dog, he got to pick her name. All of our suggestions fell flat until he heard the name, Scout and knew that it would be perfect for his future exploring companion! 


Lucky for us, the name is perfectly suited for her and she has been up for any sort of adventure ever since!


She is now five months old and weighs a whopping 47 pounds! But boy do we still love her!
We found that a soft muzzle works great when you have a puppy who is the same size of your children. We pop it on her when she gets a wild hair and it saves a lot of stress.

1 comment:

Kiersten said...

That is probably the most adorable dog that I have ever seen in my life! Perfect for your awesome family. Also, hooray for To Kill a Mockingbird references! I love it!