October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came.
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
-George Cooper
This just might be the most delightful little poem I have ever read. Happy October!
The leaves by hundreds came.
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
-George Cooper
This just might be the most delightful little poem I have ever read. Happy October!
3 comments:
That poem sounds just like you. I can just see you and Miss Weather dancing around. ...And in my head the dancing looks markedly similar to the dancing you do to the Sleigh Song at Christmas with your siblings.
That poem made my heart squeal with giddiness. Thank you for sharing!
Malinda, what the heck does this mean? I feel like an idiot, but I can't figure it out.
Post a Comment