03 January, 2011

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam!


Mason, sporting his big kid primary crown (and a marshmallow) after church.
Lately, Mason has been feeling bigger and bigger by the day! Not only is he now a big brother to two, but as of yesterday, he also now attends primary with the big kids at church! Hot dog! All day long he acted high and mighty about it around Char. I had been bringing up the change that would occur at church now that he is a big boy so that leaving his beloved nursery wouldn't be so traumatic. Apparently my pep talks worked like a charm because hew woke up yesterday bursting with excitement for Primary. That morning, while we were rushing to get James and the boys ready for church, Mason wouldn't stop blabbing on and on about being a big boy. "Blah blah blah....I'm a BIG boy!....blah blah blah....I drive all by MYSELF!....blah blah blah....I listen to my favorite music....blah blah blah..." I wasn't paying much attention to his excited speech and didn't think anything about it until James called me fifteen minutes later. He told me that he wasn't sure what was the worst part of his morning: showing up to church two hours early (we forgot that our time changed with the new year), slipping in the snow with Char (thankfully nobody was hurt), or having Mason randomly throw a fit when he wasn't allowed to drive his brother and poppy to church. I guess he was seriously put out when his pops escorted him away from the drivers side and over to his booster seat in the back. I guess he thought that the only legal requirement to drive in Utah was being a Sunbeam. Tough blow. Despite that, he had a ball and came home singing "scripture power" and gloated about the fun time he had for the rest of the day.

Char, James, and Mason after their first attempt of church. Char went down for a nap moments later. :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Annika started Sunbeams yesterday too. Most of her friends were already in Primary so she's been pleading for months to go with the big kids, since "I'm already a big kid and not a baby anymore." When I told her a few weeks ago that she would go sing with the big kids in Primary for one day (they take the incoming sunbeams and give them a preview), Annika's face glowed with a supernatural radiance and rushed toward me saying, "MOMMY! You're the best mommy in the whoooooole world! Thank you so much for letting me sing. This is what I wanted more than ANYTHING!" She then proceeded to snuggle and hug and kiss and praise me for 1/2 hour and I happily took all the credit. Then, when she did go in for the preview day, she proudly marched in, sang every song loudly, whether or not she knew the words and she stood and faced the rest of the primary while she sang. She wasn't asked to stand and face the rest of the primary.

BBC said...

that is so cute!!! i have got to meet your cute little kids someday! tama goes into nursery in 2 more months and i'm slightly panicking! my baby is no longer a baby! :)

Conni said...

Oh My Goodness!! This was the cutest thing I read all day. Gave me such a big smile. I love his excitement over things! How exciting to be with the big kids. He is so stinkin' cute! Love this story.

Aria said...

Wow, what a big boy! Too bad he couldn't be a TRUE big boy and drive everyone to church, but I'm proud of him none the less. I'm glad Mason is 10 months ahead of Sydney so he can be the guinea pig and then show Sydney the ropes when her time comes. :)

Carol said...

Mason is so cute I can't stand it. I bet Dad wished he could have driven also. So much fun. Love, Mom