Poppy and McCabe, enjoying some special time after the boys went to bed.
Yesterday I struggled to find something to wear to church that would fit. I had options, the majority being pregnancy dresses. Since my pride just wouldn't let me wear those, I settled on a skirt and sweater number and thought that it worked okay. That is, I did until Mason asked me if I had another baby in my tummy at dinner. Ouch! James and I pretended that we didn't know what he meant by this query and kept our conversations merry for the rest of the meal. When we were done eating, I decided to lay on the ground to rest my back and was joined by my mobile boys. Our snuggle-session was going well until Mason asked if he could see my tummy. When I flat-out rejected him, he earnestly stated," But I never seen a big belly before!" How does a woman bounce back from that?! Adding insult to injury, while Mason was bruising my ego, Charlie was innocently pounding on my belly like it was a set of bongo drums. Ah...the joys of the postpartum period....
5 comments:
I sure love looking at your blog, I can pretend I am visiting you. Children always say the funniest things with so much innocense and love. We love you guys.
Tnx for being encouraging n inspiring. Those lil ones ARE worth all the aches, flabs, n stretched out bodies we get to deal with!
You are a beautiful woman and inspire me to be so much better than I am, I love to read your blog.
i totally know the feeling! unfortunately, i don't have three cute little boys but just one little guy! but you're right, they're all TOTALLY worth it!
Being just barely there, I'm not looking to what I personally call the "fat face syndrome." Everything grows when you're prego, but you don't realize how bad it's gotten until after you deliver. I'm REALLY looking forward to it, too! We'll cheer each other on.
Post a Comment