Char and his gingerbread man
The Christmas season is here and we are pleased as can be! However, up until the last couple of days it has been so warm here that it was hard to get into the Christmas mood. After a couple dud days into December, we decided that we had to change some things to bring the spirit of Christmas into our home. We decided to write down a list of all sorts of Christmas activities and put them each in in the advent mitten holiday banner that my mom gave us near the beginning of our marriage. Each morning we pull an activity out of our mitten of the day and try our best to incorporate the activity into our plans.
Our first activity up was to make gingerbread men. Our boys sure got a kick out of the baking adventure!
McCabey was in charge of making sure that all food safety standards were kept:
As it turned out, all the sprinkles we own are for Halloween. Oops! Thankfully, the boys didn't mind since they figured the purple made them Kansas State Wild Cat cookies.
Yummy looking, huh?
Even Poppy got to be part of the gingerbread fun. Meaning, he was our Christmas music DJ while he studied right next to us on his trusty white board. Finals end on Friday and we can't wait till he can take part in more of our holiday fun!





2 comments:
Love, love, love this!!! Wish we were decorating together. I can just imagine Pip licking Cabe's little toes clean! Hahaha :)
What a great mommy you are! And I love that idea for the advent stockings! Sydney begs to make gingerbread men all the time - all year round - but I always laugh because I assume it's too hard. Maybe I should try to be a better mama and find a recipe...
I can't wait for James to finish finals this week - he deserves to play after all that hard work! And his wife deserves a little time with the hubby home finally!
Post a Comment